Inmate Record Check

Get All Local Arrest Information

Hyde Jail is a facility that houses individuals who are awaiting trial or serving sentences in Hyde County. It can be found at 1223 Main Street in Swan Quarter, North Carolina. It can hold up to 412 inmates. The facility is under the supervision of Sheriff Guire Cahoon.

How to Send Mail or Package

Inmates housed in the Hyde County Jail may receive mail from family members and friends. All incoming mail is inspected for the presence of contraband. The sender’s complete name and address need to be included. Otherwise, the mail will be returned to the post office. To send mail to an inmate, please address it in the following manner:

Inmate’s Full Name
PO Box 189
Swan Quarter, NC 27885

Visitation Hours

Inmates confined at the Hyde County Jail are allowed visitation. The visitation schedule for this facility is not available online. If you wish to visit an inmate here, you may get in touch with the Hyde County Sheriff’s Office at (252) 926-3171.

Hyde County Sheriff Information

The Hyde County Sheriff’s Office is the main law enforcement agency in the county. It provides law enforcement services to the communities within its jurisdiction. These include conducting routine patrols, traffic enforcement, criminal investigations, and detaining suspects. The head of the Sheriff’s Office is Guire Cahoon. You may contact him directly via email at [email protected].

Hyde County Sheriff’s Office Address:
1223 Main Street, Swan Quarter, NC 27885

Hyde County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number:
(252) 926-3171

Hyde County is located along the eastern region of North Carolina. Its county seat is Swan Quarter while the largest community is Ocracoke. It has an estimated population of 4,508 based on the 2021 census which makes it the second least populous county in the state. The total area of the county is 1,424 square miles.

2018 Annual Average Violent Crimes: 0
Data Source: North Carolina County Health Rankings

Inmate Record Check

Get All Local Arrest Information

Hyde County Public Records Information

Public records are available in Hyde County. You may submit a public record request to the appropriate department or government agency. For vital records and real estate deeds, you may inquire at the Register of Deeds office. Court documents such as divorce judgments, criminal cases, and special proceedings may be requested at the Clerk of Court’s office. For police reports such as incident reports, you may inquire with the Hyde County Sheriff’s Office.

Nearby Facilities