Inmate Record Check

Get All Local Arrest Information

The Avery County Detention Center is used to house inmates that are in the custody of the Sheriff’s Office. The facility is open 24 hours a day. The Chief Jailer is Tracey Buchanan who oversees the day-to-day operations of the detention center.

How to Send Mail or Package

Inmates housed at the Avery County Detention Center may receive mail from family members and friends. The mail should have the inmate’s complete name and sent to the following address:

PO Box 426
Newland, NC 28657

Visitation Hours

The Avery County Detention Center does not post its visitation hours online. If you wish to see an inmate currently housed in this facility, you may get in touch with Chief Jailer Tracey Buchanan at (828)733-2071 ext. 1208.

Avery County Sheriff Information

The Avery County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for providing various law enforcment services to the citizens of the county. These services include conducting patrols, investigating crimes, enforcing laws, and apprehending suspects. The head of the ACSO is Sheriff Danny Phillips. Chief Deputy William Lee Buchanan is his second-in-command.

Avery County Sheriff’s Office Address:
200 Shultz Circle, Newland, N.C. 28657

Avery County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number:
(828)733-2071 ext. 1208

Avery County is located in the northeastern region of North Carolina. Its county seat is Newland. Avery County is the youngest county in the state. According to the 2021 census, the county has 17,864 residents. Its total area measures 247 square miles.

2018 Annual Average Violent Crimes: 24
Data Source: North Carolina County Health Rankings

Inmate Record Check

Get All Local Arrest Information

Avery County Public Records Information

Copies of public records can be availed of when requested through the proper department or agency. Records of criminal cases, civil cases, special proceedings, and estates cases can be accessed through the clerk of court’s office. Copies of vital records and real estate records, on the other hand, are available through the Register of Deeds. For copies of police reports, you can submit a request to the law enforcement agency that was involved in the case.

Nearby Facilities